•  

OpenAI's Sam Altman 'loves' viral ChatGPT prompt that analyzes your personality based on chat history

Coloroscopio

OpenAI-Founder-Sam-Altman-ChatGPT-Prompt-Personality-1.jpg

Tech enthusiasts are getting a virtual pat on the back, and it’s not from their mom’s Facebook comments. A new ChatGPT prompt is giving users a glimpse into their digital psyche, and it's got people talking—even the big wigs at OpenAI.

The prompt, thought up by writer Tom Morgan, asks a surprisingly simple but deep question: “From all of our interactions, what is one thing that you can tell me about myself that I may not know about myself?” This inquiry has incited unexpectedly insightful—and sometimes emotional—responses. Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, too, has given it his nod of approval, sharing on X (formerly Twitter), “Love this.”

Users have dubbed this trend “astrology for tech bros,” noting how the prompt’s responses offer a tech-savvy twist on the kind of introspection typically found in star charts or personality tests. And while the AI’s answers aren’t based on the stars, they do seem to hit the mark for many. 

On Reddit, one person describes the chatbot’s response as “the best thing anyone has ever said about me.”

“That’s exactly what I needed to hear right now,” says another.

So why has this prompt struck such a chord? At its core, it taps into a desire many of us share: the wish to understand ourselves better, but through an impartial lens. ChatGPT’s responses—built from a history of interactions—can feel surprisingly personal, which is why so many users might find comfort in the AI’s feedback.

That said, not everyone can take part in this viral moment. The prompt only works for users of ChatGPT Plus, the platform’s paid subscription model, which stores previous conversations and uses them to generate more informed responses. Free-tier users, whose conversations are not saved, won’t have the same experience, since the AI can’t draw on a chat history to provide personalized insights.

Image: Tongsupatman | Dreamstime.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

The Creative Network

DesignTAXI

The Creative Finder

The Bazaar

Trendingger (BETA)

Status Is Down (BETA)

Community Resources

Become a member

• Pro/Business Accounts

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Terms of Use

DMCA Copyright Notice