•  

Olivia Munn, breast cancer survivor, shows off mastectomy scars in Kim Kardashian's SKIMS campaign

Orange

SKIMS-Olivia-Munn-Kim-Kardashian-Mastectomy-Scars-1.jpg

Olivia Munn is baring more than just confidence in a powerful new campaign with SKIMS for Breast Cancer Awareness Month—she’s showing the strength behind her scars. The actress and activist, who was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer in 2023, revealed her double mastectomy scars in a series of photos promoting the shapewear brand’s latest collection. 

Munn’s participation in the campaign is a deeply personal statement about resilience, body positivity, and the importance of embracing one's journey after cancer.

SKIMS-Olivia-Munn-Kim-Kardashian-Mastectomy-Scars-2.jpg

In the campaign, launched by SKIMS founder Kim Kardashian, Munn models a selection of bras, including the brand’s much-discussed faux nipple bra. One striking photo shared on its Instagram Stories features Munn posing from the side, allowing her mastectomy scars to be visible.

In a video accompanying the shoot, Munn reflects on her experience, saying, “The way my body looks is just a representation of how hard I fought.”

During an appearance on the Today show, Munn shared that the decision to showcase her scars wasn’t planned. As the shoot progressed and the makeup team tried to cover the marks left by her surgeries, she had a moment of clarity. “I looked in the mirror and thought, ‘I’m done being insecure about my scars,’” she said. For Munn, the campaign became an opportunity to transform vulnerability into empowerment.

A post shared by SKIMS (@skims)

Munn’s story also serves as a call to action for greater awareness and support. Through the collaboration, SKIMS has pledged to donate 10% of proceeds from select products to breast cancer charities, including the Susan G. Komen Foundation. By sharing her experience, Munn hopes to encourage other women to embrace their scars and feel empowered by the strength they represent.

A post shared by SKIMS (@skims)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

The Creative Network

DesignTAXI

The Creative Finder

The Bazaar

Trendingger (BETA)

Status Is Down (BETA)

Community Resources

Become a member

• Pro/Business Accounts

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Terms of Use

DMCA Copyright Notice