•  

Tinder launches 'Share My Date' feature—so family and friends can keep their eyes on you

Tinder_ShareMyDate.png

Tinder, the world’s most utilized dating app, has introduced a new safety feature, 'Share My Date’. This innovative addition allows users to share their date plans with friends and family directly from the app, enhancing both safety and social interaction.

The ‘Share My Date’ feature provides users with the ability to send a link that includes essential details about their upcoming date. These details encompass the match’s name, meeting location, date, and time. The feature also offers an option to include a personalized note.

This development comes in response to data revealing that over half of singles under 30 share details of their dates beforehand. Tinder’s Global Relationships Insight Expert, Paul Brunson, suggests that sharing date plans should be part of a user’s 'date-ready checklist’.

The ‘Share My Date’ feature is expected to roll out across multiple countries in the coming months. This strategic move by Tinder aims to address safety concerns associated with online dating, ranging from scams to stalking and even sexual assault.

As we witness this significant shift in the online dating landscape, one can’t help but wonder: Will this new feature set a precedent for other dating apps to follow? How will this change the way we approach online dating safety? Share your thoughts below.

Read more: